[Peakoil] The needs of global warming trump peak oil

G King gillmk at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 12 13:41:15 EST 2015

I agree with the rest of the thread.

Now is the time for 'ordinary' people to take the lead. And people around the world have begun doing just this.

There are a couple of quick things we can do right now to help build this momentum for change:

1 Join in the People's Climate March. This is happening all over the world. From here on in, we're all in! Join me at noon 29 Nov for #PeoplesClimate March #Canberra  bit.ly/1NGasYy The aim is to say to national decision makers: 'The people of the world want action on climate change. We are taking action on climate change. Follow our lead.'  And turning out in huge numbers and huge diversity will give them permission to go further (eg at Paris climate talks) than they have publicly stated before.

2 Join the Transition Towns movement. Initially developed to deal with peak oil, it is a proven way for communities to work out their own way of transitioning to a better future.  The Canberra community has now joined the movement, as Transition Canberra. Further details at http://www.see-change.org.au/canberra-transition-town/. Perhaps ACT Peak Oil could work on an oil descent plan for Canberra.

To quote:
If not us, who? If not now, when?

Gill
Sent from my solar-powered phone
Join me in the People's Climate March
Canberra: 29 November, 12 noon, Parliament House lawns