[Peakoil] Oil production limit reached: expert

leigh.kite at medicareaustralia.gov.au leigh.kite at medicareaustralia.gov.au
Tue Jul 11 09:46:41 EST 2006

There needed to be more on climate change too, as what the good old average
"man on the street" will take away from that is probably going to be "we'll
burn more coal and liquify it to run cars".

Cheers,

Leigh

             Christal George
             <cgeorge at caer.org
             .au>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  'Michael Honey'
             peakoil-bounces+l         <michael at icelab.com.au>, 'Peakoil
             eigh.kite=hic.gov         Discussion'
             .au at act-peakoil.o         <peakoil at act-peakoil.org>
             rg                                                         cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/07/2006 09:41          RE: [Peakoil] Oil production limit
             AM                        reached: expert

Hi all,
I thought it was good, and its true, as you say, 4Corners has credibility.

There was not much mention of clean alternatives.
There is a worry with liquefied coal looming as the quickfix solution to an
oil addicted society (see today 11 July 2006, AFR, p15). There's a brown
path and a green path in replacing oil, and liquefied coal is definitely on
the brown path.

Agree: the unasked question was "what now?".
energy efficiency is seen as too hard.
And Wind and solar lacked mention in the 4corners story.

Christal