[Peakoil] Oil production limit reached: expert

Christal George cgeorge at caer.org.au
Tue Jul 11 09:41:00 EST 2006

Hi all,
I thought it was good, and its true, as you say, 4Corners has credibility.

There was not much mention of clean alternatives.
There is a worry with liquefied coal looming as the quickfix solution to an oil addicted society (see today 11 July 2006, AFR, p15). There's a brown path and a green path in replacing oil, and liquefied coal is definitely on the brown path.

Agree: the unasked question was "what now?".
energy efficiency is seen as too hard.
And Wind and solar lacked mention in the 4corners story.

Christal