[Peakoil] Meeting outcome: Talking to schools

Alex P alex-po at trevbus.org
Wed Sep 7 22:55:56 EST 2005

Hi folks,

At the last meeting we talked about presenting Peak Oil to school students.

Year 11 and 12 could especially benefit since they are starting out in life
and haven't committed to buying a car, house etc..

While it's been suggested that making textual info available to schools
rather than face-to-face presentations could be a more effective use of our
time, I still think "face time" is more persuasive.

Basically, petrol is biting and I think people will pay attention. Sandy put
it well at the last meeting, saying that we need to get people aware that
this is imposed by nature, so that they don't get conned into blaming it on
terrorists/hurricanes/oil companies etc....

What do you all think?

Who wants to take this task up? We need to get in contact with schools
first, what is the best way? Particular schools? Particular staff? The
Catholic Education Office?

Alex
O4O4873828

ACT Peak Oil discussion list