[Peakoil-announce] Fwd: Qld MP gets ball rolling

alex-po at trevbus.org alex-po at trevbus.org
Thu May 19 10:55:35 EST 2005

Looks like progress is being made on Peak Oil in Queensland

--

ACT Peak Oil discussion list
http://www.act-peakoil.org

From: "ijrichardsau" <ijrichards at bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 00:32:25 -0000
Subject: [roeoz] McNamara on Stateline (Qld)

Queenslanders note that Andrew McNamara will appear in a story on Peak
Oil scheduled to go to air on ABC TV Stateline at 7.30 pm tomorrow
night (Friday May 20th).

Also, in today's local (Hervey Bay) press Mr. McNamara says "I have
been asked by Stephen Roberston, the Minister for Natural Resources
and Mines and John Mickel, the Minister for Energy and Aboriginal
Policy, to coordinate across relevant departments to get the ball
rolling to develop an information submission to Cabinet on
Queensland's vulnerability to a run down in world oil supplies. Many
people will be aware that this is a major area of concern for me,
given Hervey Bay's reliance on cheap petrol (sic) for road and air
transport."

Cheers,

Ian.