[Peakoil-announce] Environment Expo Saturday June 4

Alex P alex-po at trevbus.org
Sat May 14 15:19:08 EST 2005

Hi folks,

To raise awareness of Peak Oil, we'll have an information stand at the
Environment Expo. It's on Saturday June 4 at the Environment Centre, Acton
(near the ANU see http://ecoaction.com.au/)

Anyone interested in helping out, please send me an email.

It's all part of marking World Environment Day on June 5:

WED Festival Program Outline

World Environment Day - June 5 - is an International Day dedicated to
recognising Environment Issues

    The Conservation Council is presenting a program of events and
activities for the 2005 World Environment Day Festival in the ACT

This year's theme is Green Cities: plan for the planet

The program currently includes an

        Environment Expo on Saturday 4 June at the Environment Centre,
ACTON with demonstrations and displays on: greening the environment; open
space; biodiversity; smart growth; green building; transport;

        renewable energy; and energy efficiency

        Environment Benefit Dinner on Saturday evening 4 June with fine
food, key note speaker and entertainment

        Green Design and Renovation One Day Seminar - Sunday 5 June

For more info, contact the ACT Conservation Council

http://www.ecoaction.net.au/ccserac.php?sec=1

Alex P
O4O4873828

ACT Peak Oil discussion list