[Peakoil] Demand for oil to grow 'for decades'

W & C Steensby steensby at netspeed.com.au
Mon Feb 27 15:50:06 UTC 2012

A couple of observations.

1. Margaret Throsby interviews people on her ABC-FM Classic radio program. One of her guests some time ago was a man doing research in the field of journalism who told the radio audience that Rupert Murdoch forbids his newspapers to use the term or concept of "limits to growth," and that journalists on The Australian had told the researcher of their great frustration at not being allowed to dicuss the matter. Pity they're not frustrated enough to stop working for Rupert....

2. Heark back to my earlier posting recommending the book "Wilful Blindness, or, Why We Ignore the Obvious at Our Peril." I'm up to a section describing how the UK and US medical establishments wilfully ignored a clearly established link between foetal X-rays and leukemia & early childhood death. It took the Brits 25 YEARS finally to admit that the science was right and that they, the medical profession, were killing children by persisting in taking X-rays of foetuses.

If the august medical profession is capable of what seemingly amounts to institutionalised mass child murder, what can we expect of any industrialist or government? These are trapped into feeding and serving the insatiable growth machine and have become wilfully blind to the consequences of doing so. It's up to organisations like ours to keep plugging away at TPTB in the hopes that somewhere, sometime a penny will drop.

Regards,
Walter