[Peakoil] Greens want ACT to go hard on light rail

W & C Steensby steensby at netspeed.com.au
Wed Sep 21 05:15:24 UTC 2011

Horses for courses. Both have their merits and demerits. I think we need both trams and trolleybuses, trams for high-density routes, trolleybuses the rest.

The LR55 tram track seems to be a great money-saver compared to traditional tracks. The overhead wires will be ugly unless some new technology has come along, all provided of course that there'll be enough affordable copper for the wires!

Regards,
Walter