[Peakoil] Saudi crude can't replace Libyan

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Tue Mar 1 08:52:17 UTC 2011

On 01/03/2011, at 7:47 AM, X wrote:

> Avgas, I believe. Aviation fuel must be as energy dense and as light as possible. I suspect the specifications for aviation fuel would be much stricter than for terrestrial transport - where you can get away with heavier substitutes and additives.

 The energy density would be much the same and the density. While it might be a fraction lighter in deensity it is more a matter of the higher temperature it burns at and the lower temperature of the fuel tanks although I am guessing a bit.

Tony

Phone: 02 6241 7659, Mobile: 04 3365 2400, Skype: antonybbarry
Email: tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au, antonybbarry at me.com, antonybbarry at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/antonybbarry
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au