[Peakoil] more on electric cars...

Jenny Goldie jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 6 23:24:39 UTC 2011

Research into batteries will give electric cars the same range as petrol cars
Li-air batteries are a promising opportunity for electric cars. "If we succeed in developing this technology, we are facing the ultimate breakthrough for electric cars, because in practice, the energy density of Li-air batteries will be comparable to that of petrol and diesel, if you take into account that a combustion engine only has an efficiency of around 30 percent," Tejs Vegge, senior scientist in the Materials Research Division at Risoe DTU.
http://www.risoe.dtu.dk/News_archives/News/2011/0328_Li_battery.aspx?sc_lang=en