[Peakoil] Australia's oil reserves 'dwindling'

Michael Skeggs mike@bystander.net mskeggs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 23:15:22 UTC 2010

EIA list of gas reserves using a couple of different surveys:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/reserves.html
Australia is small in terms of total reserves compared to some of the OPEC
nations, but large in terms of available export production, as few of the
mega-reserve areas export LNG (Qatar and UAE are the biggest iirc) and we
are well suited to Asian markets, and potentially west coast US. Throw in a
western friendly government and why would you buy your energy anywhere else?
Note there is a Russian LNG mega-project with arctic gas that has been moth
balled by declining gas prices, so there appears a glut of LNG available for
export at least in the short term.
Regards,
Michael Skeggs