[Peakoil] Fwd: [Peakoil-announce] ACT Light Rail Announcements

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Sun Apr 12 20:51:23 UTC 2009

Here's a quotation I came across this morning on a blog I follow for US
economic news. It explains the "8 years too late" and the "leisurely
four or five years" I referred to on Saturday:

" I’ll leave you with some good strong quotes from Ned Hill,
an economist in Cleveland I must admit I never heard of
before, who addresses the car industry trouble, but who
might as well have been talking about the demise of
America as an empire:

• "If you go back to 1980 to 1982, with the upheavals in
the steel, rubber, glass and auto industries, that really was
the end of an economic era that started in the 1890s.
This is the last movement in the symphony." [...]

• "It takes almost 20 years to rebuild your economy, and
usually you waste five to six years because of denial."

The source, for any who are interested, is:

http://theautomaticearth.blogspot.com/2009/04/april-11-2009-last-
movement-in-symphony.html

and the words quoted above are about 4 screens down.
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com

Begin forwarded message: