[Peakoil] Implementing peak oil plans

Andrew Wynberg awynberg at vtown.com.au
Wed May 14 19:53:19 UTC 2008

Hello all

The point of the Transition Towns handbook, and the SEE Change movement, is
theat local communities are the people who implement the plans, not the
government.

The paradigm at play here is to develop a model, run a real-world pilot, and
then the model gets picked up by other local communities.  When it looks
like being a runaway success, only then will government appear interested.

The $64 point is that action occurs despite the government, independent of
the government.  I think it has been shown over the past 30 years that the
government is the place to go if you want something stopped. :-)

Cheers
Andrew Wynberg