[Peakoil] Reva electric car

leigh.kite at medicareaustralia.gov.au leigh.kite at medicareaustralia.gov.au
Mon Nov 27 08:58:25 EST 2006

Oh, and also we'll build anti gravity systems into our electric cars so we
don't need roads.  We've developed anti gravity technology a lot further
than people actually think, there's just no market for it yet.

Cheers,

Leigh

             leigh.kite at medica
             reaustralia.gov.a
             u                                                          To
             Sent by:                  Keith Thomas <keith at evfit.com>
             peakoil-bounces+l                                          cc
             eigh.kite=hic.gov         'Peakoil Discussion'
             .au at act-peakoil.o         <peakoil at act-peakoil.org>,
             rg                        peakoil-bounces+leigh.kite=hic.gov.
                                       au at act-peakoil.org, Sandy Pollard
                                       <Sandy.POLLARD at dewr.gov.au>
             27/11/2006 08:54                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [Peakoil] Reva electric car

No, the electricity is going to come from that 50 by 50 solar grid that
we're going to build in the middle of the country.  :)

Cheers,

Leigh

             Keith Thomas
             <keith at evfit.com>
             peakoil-bounces+l         'Peakoil Discussion'
             eigh.kite=hic.gov         <peakoil at act-peakoil.org>
             .au at act-peakoil.o                                          cc
             rg                        Sandy Pollard
                                       <Sandy.POLLARD at dewr.gov.au>
                                                                   Subject
             24/11/2006 05:58          Re: [Peakoil] Reva electric car
             PM

OK, you have seen this is from me, so you can guess what I'm going to
say, but I'll say it.

If your electric car is to be a long-term prospect, where is the
electricity coming from - nuclear power? The point at which peak oil
and climate change will be felt sharply in the west will be in
electricity generation. Note too that replacing cars with more
efficient cars is a net loser. Big time. Running existing current cars
more efficiently and banning new car making - even electric cars -
would yield actual savings.

If peak oil is a prospect, where's the asphalt coming from for the
roads?

You guys are still at the 'bargaining' stage of grief about both peak
oil and climate change. Read William Catton's "Overshoot". You can see
my review of this book at:

http://www.natsoc.org.au/html/publications/Journal%2006-1_Overshoot.html

Just learn to do without a car.
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com
On 24/11/2006, at 4:40 PM, POLLARD,Sandy wrote:

> Well said, Leigh. I can feel a T-shirt/poster slogan coming on:
>
> "I'd rather be run over by an electric car than Climate Change"

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the addressee named
above and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you
must not disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it. If you
received this message in error please notify Medicare Australia
immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Medicare Australia.