[Peakoil] Local news and Letter writing

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Mon Jun 26 11:46:44 EST 2006

On 24/06/2006, at 4:54 PM, Alex P wrote:

> 1) Post relevant local news items relevant to Peak Oil

My take on local news items would be -

1. Letters in response to items in local media which can be related
to peak oil even when it does not have direct local applicability. eg
an item on the Iraq war being about oil.

2. Local items on any local issue where the effects of peak oil are
not mentioned and may have a significant effect in the longer term
eg  expansion of the airport not taking into effect peak oil's
likely  reduction in air traffic or an expansion of road capacity
neglecting likely reductions in road traffic.

In today's Canberra Times I see three possible items -

* A letter to the editor p.10 "Gungahlin whingers" concerning the
Gungahlin Drive extension.

* "Howard denies breaking promise to investigate soaring petrol
prices" p.4

* "Gore's mixed score" Times2 p.5

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au