[Peakoil] Somewhat oldie, somewhat newbie

Shane S void_genesis at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 16:16:33 EST 2006

Hey Everyone

I just got onto your organisation despite being in Canberra a year, and
despite having followed the peak oil debate for the last five.

Im a recovering scientist (chemistry) originally from Brisbane. Interested
in all sides of the peak oil issue, especially how it will impact
agriculture. Im growing a fair bit of my own food, and I am looking to get
into the ag. dept. next year to pursue a more hands on/big picture career.
Down the track (+5-10 years) I am looking at retreating to a farm in
Gippsland (something I would enjoy peak or no peak) once the real estate
market re-equilibrates (or over-corrects....fingers crossed).

So do you guys just discuss and network online or are there actual
activities and events on the calendar?

Shane