[Peakoil] Chicago Tribune series on oil

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Sun Jul 30 08:17:14 EST 2006

If you are interested in the oil business and the way oil permeates
societies around the world, see the Chicago Tribune series on oil. Here
is Matt Savinar's notice of the series:

Chicago Tribune Article

  Folks,

  It's rare I come across a piece in the mainstream media that covers
our energy predicament in a thorough and/or original way. Most of the
time it is the same old, same old. By now you know the drill:

  1. The doommongers and their hippie friends have been saying "we're
running out" for years.

  2. The market, oil sands, and some new gadgetry is gonna save our
butts.

  3. There ain't a damn thing wrong with our energy intensive lifestyle.

  Well the Chicago Tribune just published a 4 part series that I think
is really quite good. I'd summarize it for you but I think you're
better off just checking it out for yourself. It follows a tank of gas
pumped in Chicago back to Nigeria, Iraq, etc.

Click here to go to the Chicago Tribune article.

Matt
web:  http://www.savinarsolar.com
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com