[Peakoil] Electric Car Help - but there are two

Adrian Whitehead ccserac.project1 at ecoaction.net.au
Wed Jul 26 16:29:45 EST 2006

Thanks for everyone who replied to the request for help esp. David who came
in with the answer before I had to head off.

I was doing a briefing for the new Environment Minister John Hargreaves, the
Executive Director of Recreation and Land management and the head of the
Sustainability Policy and Programs, on climate change.

I was after something new and snazzy to highlight not all environmentally
friendly initiatives (i know cars are bad) mean accepting less.

Interesting enough people replied with two different high speed luxury cars,
i thought there was only one.

The Fetish by Venturi - will be followed by a affordable(??) hybrid car
range.

http://www.venturi.fr/us/fetish/specs/specs.php3

Telsa Roadster - will be followed by affordable(??) electric  sedans.

http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1

On a side note what worries me is that it looks like electric cars maybe
mainstream on our roads sooner than we think, and those wishing to advocate
for public transport better do so now..... see my next email

Adrian Whitehead
Water & Climate Campaigner
Conservation Council of the SE Region and Canberra
P: 6247 7808
F: 6248 5343
M: 0403 735 118