[Peakoil] electric rallies - sponsorship

Michael Honey michael at icelab.com.au
Tue Jul 4 14:02:20 EST 2006

> We should try and convince the government to fund electric rallies.
>
> I bet you electric cars would instantly become a lot more feasible
> and the
> engineering problems would magically disappear with a few billion
> dollars
> of corporate sponsorship.  :)

More likely to get ACTEWAGL and Country Energy to sponsor (or enter)
I'd imagine. Actually, setting up an inter-energy-company competition
might be possible - a good rivalry. ACTEWAGL has the engineering
smarts to actually build something like that, and they might be able
to see the long-term advantages in increased demand (of course, while
they're still sourcing energy from brown coal, the net greenhouse
benefit is negligible). They used to fund the Lake Tuggeranong solar
car, but I think you'd want to stipulate that the vehicle be a
practical commuter two people plus groceries, say).

I have tangential connections to their marketing team - might be a
possibility

--
Michael Honey

Icelab Pty Ltd