[Peakoil] WA Premier quits over depression

Adrian Whitehead ccserac.project1 at ecoaction.net.au
Tue Jan 17 09:23:01 EST 2006

The shopping centres are the temples, corner stores the shrines, credit card
the indulgences, registers our communion,  the first bank account our
baptism, the first loan our confirmation, advertising is the word, neo
rationalist economics texts the good book, the dollar is the son,
consumption is the spirit, growth is god, tax is the collection, television
our alters, politicians the preachers, celebrities the high priests,
economists the profits,  WTO and IMF the missionaries,  bankrupt the fallen,
the frugal are the sinners, social security benefits are limbo, communism
hell, and finally a six figure salary, with two houses, a large investment
portfolio, 3-4 cars, private schooling, and a wine cellar is.... heaven on
earth.....

   _____