[Peakoil] WA Premier quits over depression

David Jorm david.jorm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 21:53:23 EST 2006

Just a side note on that article re: gaia theory. In year 9 science we
learned about the theory of evolution and the teacher said it was only still
called a theory because of the powerful opposition of religious groups. In
first year university geography we learned about gaia theory and the
lecturer said it was only still called a theory because of the powerful
opposition of industry lobby groups. It occurs to me the
consumerist-industrial-capitalist-perpetual-growth-world is really just a
religion anyway :)