[Peakoil] Skrebowski comments on coming divide

Alex P alex-po at trevbus.org
Fri Aug 25 12:26:38 EST 2006

Summary of comments by Chris Skrebowski (from ROEOZ list) on what the main
Peak Oil conflict wil be over.

"
Chris said he thinks that as peak oil is dealt with in the near
future, the major conflict is going to be between the people who want
to push for a cooperative/collaborative approach to "living with
less", versus those who simply want to prolong the current level of
consumption by any means possible (eg coal-to-liquids, etc). He said
that in his opinion "the only way out of the box" is through the
cooperative/collaborative approach and we spoke about the fact that
we are being conditioned to be greedy by a dual obsession with
markets and individualism.
"

Alex
O4O4873828