[Peakoil] Ethanol on 666 this morning

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Fri Aug 11 21:33:26 EST 2006

Broadly speaking, ethanol requires an energy input from all sources,
including externalities, of about 10 times the energy in the starch
that is harvested. From the harvest to the point where the ethanol fuel
arrives in the car's fuel tank, a further factor of ten is lost. The
there is the 70% (approximately) efficiency of ethanol-burning engines.
So, we'll take 100 units of energy to produce 0.7% units of energy
propelling a car.

My trike is looking better by the day:
http://www.trisled.com.au/gizmo.html
Keith Thomas