[Peakoil] Fueltrac cast doubt on $1.80 petrol predictions

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Wed Aug 9 14:54:04 EST 2006

 From http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200608/s1710536.htm

Fueltrac cast doubt on $1.80 petrol predictions

The fuel consultancy, Fueltrac, has played down predictions petrol
will rise to $1.80 a litre by the end of the year.

The motoring organisation, NRMA, forecasts that price will be reached
if the US has a bad hurricane season and problems in the Middle East
persist.

But Fueltrac's managing director, Chris Kable, says it is
scaremongering.

"We haven't seen prices go up to $1.80 a litre so the last thing the
fuel or the economy in Australia needs is people going around talking
about prices at $2 a litre or $1.80 a litre," he said.

"At this point in time it wouldn't appear that that is going to happen."

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au