[Peakoil] Electrical Use Hits New Highs in Much of U.S.

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Thu Aug 3 09:04:39 EST 2006

Peakers

The thought has occurred to me that either -

1. Air conditioners should have a surcharge built into their price to
pay for the extra generating capacity they will need 0r,

2. And I like this idea better, the manufacturers should team up with
the solar cell people and create an energy neutral (during the day)
air conditioner/solar cell package. You can generate your own power
for the air conditioner and sell the excess back into the grid when
the weather isn't hot.

Tony

Feral Librarian | http://tony-barry.emu.id.au
P: 02 6241 7659 | tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
M: 04 1242 0397 | tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au