[Peakoil] Survival 101

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Thu Apr 13 06:07:43 EST 2006

Great idea! Can I ask that you don't run this on the weekend 20-21 May?
Nature and Society Forum is planning a roundtable for this weekend to
kick off the concept of Life Centres and it'd be a pity to be competing
for a similar audience.

Life Centres are community centres which are a focus for meeting,
information, learning, debate, discussion and action about the
environment. As well as the usual subject matters, they will cover the
impact on human health (both physical and mental) of the environment.
Peak oil will be in there as well, of course.

We are hoping to initiate six of these centres in Canberra. I'll post
more information here as we get closer to the roundtable.

Incidentally, I don't know the size of the audience you are planning,
but the Nature and Society Forum rooms in Weston would be available
free for your suggested conference. The rooms are not flash, but could
accommodate up to 60. Keep it in mind.

If we are to get Holmgren (and other keynote speakers and experts), we
should contact them early to book them for the days and seek their
advice on the agenda.
Keith Thomas
Nature and Society Forum