Letterboxing may have an impact now Re: [Peakoil] "It will be worsethan the drought"

Adrian Whitehead ccserac.project1 at ecoaction.net.au
Mon Sep 12 11:57:36 EST 2005

Further to my point this came from a discussion on a Victorian forest list
about messaging on issues.

"At a recent workshop I attended, it was shown that the percent of the
population that can easily understand the information the Greens produce is
about 2%! It's pitched at the intellectuals, not the taxi drivers and
factory worker. There's too many big words and lengthy sentences. We're
talking about busy people who aren't necessarily wanting to know about
environmental issues, have no deep concern and don't want a lesson in
ecology. So too much complexity turns them off. Media workshops I've been to
and experienced media people say the same. It's got to be ridiculously
simple. Unfortunately we can't get 1000 word articles in the Herald Sun each
week. Not that many would read them anyway."

Adrian