[Peakoil] Meetup outcome

Alex P alex-po at trevbus.org
Wed Mar 30 21:40:29 EST 2005

Hi folks,

The meetup had 9 in attendance.

The focus was on raising awareness, in order to increase our ability to
hopefully change government policy and help each other out when Peak Oil hits.

We came up with some tasks:

Design stickers - Adrian

Investigate how to engage people with issue - Leigh

Letter writing and media monitoring - Sarah

Incorporate as NGO - Adrian to look into documents

Letterboxing and all-purpose leaflet
- Adrian to look into restrictions
- Dave J and Riccardo to look into printing
- Sarah and Alex to prepare text and format
- Sarah to determine best suburbs

Posters
- Sarah and Alex to investigate poster options
- ANU people - Postering

Fabian society article - David J

Communicate with other meetups - Alex

Movie screenings (EOS & Mad Max? Economics doco) - Riccardo and Dave J

Other ideas

Public forum with panelists
Fund raising - essential if we're serious (which we are)
Piggy-backing off climate change - important consideration
Meeting with ACT Government minister
Booklet
Lecture bashing
Bring one other person to meetup
Hold national Peak Oil conference
Ad cards
Banner drops (over traffic jams, promising there will be none in a decade:)
Regular meetups! (Next one when?)

Coordinate all this through this email discussion list.

Alex P

Canberra Oil Awareness Meetup
http://oilawareness.meetup.com/12/

ACT Peak Oil discussion list