[Peakoil-announce] Meetup Wednesday and other events

Alex P alex-po at trevbus.org
Mon May 30 16:13:21 EST 2005

Hi folks,

We raised about $150 at the "Food of the Future?" dinner on Friday, and had
11 in attendance, including Karin McDonald from the Legislative Assembly
and a candidate at the last ACT election, Mike Hettinger. The money will go
toward printing stickers for group.

* On Wednesday June 1 at 7pm there is the monthly meetup.
18 Bursaria St O'Connor
The meetup will be about planning for the stall on Saturday and
planning/designing/building about a policy develop website - a Wiki.
Also on the agenda is thinking about collaborating with the Brisbane and
Sydney Peak Oil groups, and the things we should do to help each other with
Powerdown

* We're holding a stall on Saturday June 4 at the Environment Centre, near
Toad Hall at the ANU.

* Also on Saturday there is a composting course happening. Without cheap
oil it becomes more important to grow food with fertilisers, so go along.
It's the last in the series of workshops, so book now!

Learn all about Composting, Worms & No-Dig Gardens
http://www.nowaste.act.gov.au/new/compostingworkshops.html

* And of course tomorrow there is the Jared Diamond lecture and the ANSI
forum, as previously circulated on this list.

Alex
O4O4873828

ACT Peak Oil discussion list
http://www.act-peakoil.org