[Peakoil] ABC NEWS: Australia loses another oil refinery, leaving our fuel supply vulnerable to regional crises

Antony Broughton Barry antonybbarry at me.com
Thu Feb 11 08:17:54 EST 2021

Australia loses another oil refinery, leaving our fuel supply vulnerable to regional crises
In the space of four months, Australia has lost half of its oil refineries. In October, BP announced it was closing its Kwinana oil refinery in Perth and converting it into a fuel import terminal. The oil major said the refinery — Australia's largest — was no longer economically viable. It blamed the regional over-supply of fuel and the growth of mega-refineries in Asia and the Middle East that had structurally changed the regional fuel market, saying Kwinana couldn't compete with those overseas
Read in ABC News: https://apple.news/AtlJP_l0iSIqh6fuAgi-FgA

Shared from Apple News

Antony Barry
antonybbarry at me.com and gmail.com