[Peakoil] Peak Oil is Dead. Peak Demand is Dead Ahead.

Antony Broughton Barry antonybbarry at me.com
Sat Dec 31 16:49:17 EST 2016

"Suddenly the idea that we’ll reach peak oil supply seems far-fetched.

In fact, the reverse is true. The single most important idea you need to understand about the energy markets is we’re approaching peak demand for oil.

Hitting the tipping point
It’s a simple enough idea to understand.
There’s a confluence of technological, social and environmental forces merging all at once, all of which will result in lower – potentially radically lower – demand for oil in the next decade.

For instance, in the next couple of years we’re going to see a revolution in the car industry, in which car ownership falls off a cliff. I predict this will come about much faster than anyone realises."

http://peakoil.com/consumption/peak-oil-is-dead-peak-demand-is-dead-ahead

Sent from Pocket - Get it free!