[Peakoil] looking for new committee members of ACT Peak Oil

Jenny Goldie jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 8 20:20:05 EST 2015

Dear members and supporters of ACT Peak Oil

You will have had a notice about our AGM on Wednesday 25 November at 24 Balmain Crescent, Acton (ANU campus) at 7.10pm, preceded by a talk by Max Feikart of ACTEW-AGL frrom 5-6pm about the latest in battery storage. Don't forget to come for a drink beforehand at 5.30pm.

I am not standing for president at the AGM, having been in the position for a while and feeling the need to hand over to someone who actually lives in the ACT. (Don't worry, I remain committed to the issue!) Karin Geiselhart has been a stalwart member of the committee, is not restanding either for geography and health reasons. We are thus looking for people who would be prepared to stand for committee. We hold meetings every second month at our treasurer's home in O'Connor and they involve lively discussions. We organise two public meetings a year and make the occasional submission to various inquiries on the issue of peak oil.

If you would like to stand but need to ask questions, please contact me ion jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au or phone me on 0401 921 453. Otherwise, come to the AGM and make yourself known to one of us on the existing committee.

All the best

Jenny Goldie
President
ACT Peak Oil