[Peakoil] Fwd: Carbon Crash?

Antony Broughton Barry antonybbarry at me.com
Sun Apr 20 17:19:29 EST 2014

Antony Barry Mob:+61 4 3365 2400

> On 19 Apr 2014, at 11:14 pm, Karin Geiselhart <karIn at doctordemocracy.net> wrote:
>
> The utility death spiral is a great example of system complexity that is simple to understand. Solar energy costs have plummeted – so far that in most places you can get electricity cheaper from your own solar panels than you can from a utility.

I ordered 3kw solar panels six months ago. With the $2000 REC subsidy they cost $5600 and they will have already dropped in price. With the first full quarter bill just arriving I made money and got a credit of $40 and that includes $10kwh per day of green power I still pay for to offset my gas and petrol somewhat.

Ignoring the green power my payback time will be less than 5 years.

For the homeowner  in Canberra solar is already cheaper than mains power. If you haven't got solar get it.

Tony