[Peakoil] Anti Westconnex article in SMH explaining peak oil

W & C Steensby steensby at netspeed.com.au
Thu Sep 12 13:25:20 EST 2013

I'm not surprised at all, really.

My reading and research tell me that project such as Westconnex must be undertaken in order to feed the Growth Machine. Popularity is only one factor, and a minor one at that. The major factor is Corporate Hunger which doesn't care where the next revenue stream comes from, provided it comes.

Such pursuit of pointless projects will continue right up until the point where reality intervenes and forces a change. Until then, it MUST be business as usual. For lack of vision the people perish.

Walter