[Peakoil] "Ten Bucks a Litre" - Dick Smith Doco

Keith myrmecia at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 16:55:31 EST 2013

Neither we nor Dick himself should make too much of the apparent hypocrisy of his energy use. If Dick flies his helicopter on a photography expedition to track for public educational purposes degrading landscapes and uses thousands of litres of fuel in the process, he could be doing less net harm than me driving a kilometre to the shops for a litre of bottled water.

I noticed a couple of months ago, Mark Lynas had broken a decade-long personal resolution not to travel by air. He flew to the us for a conference on climate change. Of course, symbolically, this can be painted by critics as hypocritical, but as it's symbolic, it can also be depicted in other ways.
Keith Thomas
myrmecia at gmail.com
+44 74 2929 4146