[Peakoil] Zinio Reader: Burn and crash

Keith myrmecia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 22:13:34 EST 2013

On a matter of scale I heard last week on the BBC (I'm presently living in the UK) that liquid petroleum consumption is the equivalent in volume of an an average house per second.

If you visualize that in terms of a river - like, say, the Irrawaddy, which I have seen flowing at about 100 times that rate - it doesn't sound too bad. But when you remember that this is a one way flow from rock into the atmosphere, and is not part of a circular flow, it looks more serious.
Keith Thomas
myrmecia at gmail.com
+44 74 2929 4146