[Peakoil] With Broad and Greiner driving us, chaos is just around the corner

Jenny Goldie jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 8 10:51:18 UTC 2012

With Broad and Greiner driving us, chaos is just around the corner
SMH, October 8, 2012
Garry Glazebrook

Paul Broad and Nick Greiner, of Infrastructure NSW, think we are in love with our cars. However, for many of us the affair ended some time ago. The Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (Report 128, 2012) examined trends in car use in 25 countries, finding that after rapid growth in the 1960s and '70s, growth in traffic per capita has consistently slowed, with many countries approaching saturation.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/with-broad-and-greiner-driving-us-chaos-is-just-around-the-corner-20121007-27770.html#ixzz28hfuG8eK