[Peakoil] Mathaba.Net: The Transition-Town Economy

Antony Barry antonybbarry at me.com
Wed Jun 20 01:19:22 UTC 2012

by Tjerno

We are facing great challenges as the world seemingly stays oblivious at the problems of "Peak Oil" and "Climate Change". The resilience of communities is impaired by the ever broadening globalisation that ships products, raw-materials, energy from where it is most common to where is generates the most profit. More than half the things we buy have travelled around the globe so that we can use, eat, wear them. The global economy is based on infinite growth as if unaware we live in a finite world and the decisions, having to come from politicians and economical leaders, needed to keep us from going down in this uncontrolled mayhem are being waited upon. We can't go on in this frenzy of robbing and polluting our planet.

So to generate an answer for themselves, to be able to face up to the challenges ahead and get some resilience to the glooming shortage of cheap energy, food and all we need in every aspect of our daily life, more and more communities are transitioning to a more local economy.

What is a Transition Initiative?

It's a community-led process bound to a geographical area to become less vulnerable, more resilient, stronger and often with that follows happier...

http://rss.mathaba.net/~r/mathaba/europe/~3/kF2hnAp3P3o/
Shared using News360 for the iPad. Learn more at http://news360.com

Sent from my iPad