[Peakoil] worthwhile videos

Jenny Goldie jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 8 22:49:51 UTC 2012

Video - Robert Overtz interviews Michael T. Klare
http://ianmcpherson.com/blog/?p=2102

  Marin Commons presents Michael T. Klare Ph.D. in conversation with Robert Ovetz Ph.D., who discuss Klare's observations in his new book "The Race for What's Left: The Global Scramble for the Worlds Last Resources". Recorded March 16, 2012. Producer: Jim Geraghty.

Video - Jeff Rubin on Peak Oil
http://ianmcpherson.com/blog/?page_id=2082

  Jeff Rubin, economist and winner of the 2010 National Business Book Award for his title Why Your World is About to Get a Whole Lot Smaller, speaks at the Toronto Reference Library May 14, 2012, about his new book The End of Growth. With CBC's Michael Hlinka. 3 part video series.

Video - The Race for What's Left - Full Talk
http://ianmcpherson.com/blog/?p=2059

  Professor Michael T. Klare presents the full talk on his latest book - The Race for What's Left: The Global Scramble for the World's Last Resources - to the Carnegie Council on March 20, 2012. The talk is followed by an audience Q&A. @ 60 minutes.

And for those technically inclined, the latest from Amory Lovins...

Video - Amory Lovins: A 50-year plan for energy
http://ianmcpherson.com/blog/?p=2046

  In this talk filmed at TED's offices, energy theorist Amory Lovins lays out the steps we must take to end the world's dependence on oil (before we run out). Some changes are already happening - like lighter-weight cars and smarter trucks - but some require a bigger vision.