[Peakoil] We face a worldwide glut of oi... (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)

Paul Pollard pollard at netspeed.com.au
Fri Jul 27 07:23:50 UTC 2012

I found this article utterly unconvincing. It assumes for instance that Saudi
Arabia will be producing more oil in 2020 than now, against all the current
evidence, and that both the US and Canada, in only 9 years, will be able to
increase oil production by over 40% each. Once you factor in all the caveats
that the article itself mentions, it amounts to worthless boosterism.
Also, there isn't a single mention of global warming, which overhangs all
discussion of energy, especially very emission-intensive energy sources such
as Canadian tar-sands.