[Peakoil] What If A Collapse Happened And Nobody Noticed?

Keith myrmecia at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 13:33:15 UTC 2012

On 22/07/2012, at 1:13 PM, Alex Pollard wrote:

> http://hipcrime.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/what-if-collapse-happened-and-nobody.html
>
> Some excerpts:
>
> "Imagine if ... what world leaders are doing right now:
> using economic policies to shrink the economy to a lower
> level and cause a slow die-off? ...

We have to watch the rhetoric here, and be aware of allusions that are not always apparent. There is a bunch of illogically but graphically-articulated conspiracy theories that attribute to Bill Gates, the Bilderberg Group and The Powers That Be an agenda of which an integral part is reducing the human population deliberately by some direct means - creating a new virus, sterilizing water supplies, spraying chemicals from aeroplanes. The followers of Lyndon LaRouche are one group spreading this perspective. For many of these "die-off" is code for systematic but unattributable killing of ordinary people (white, Christian, middle class America) by the super-rich/super-powerful.

It would be possible for sane, rational and open discussion of the future to be associated inadvertently with these conspiracy spreaders by repeating the phrases used by scare-mongers, fantasists, knee-jerk fundamentalists and other distractionists.

Incidentally, Jim Kunstler, in his latest book "Too Much Magic", analyzes just the sort of scenario described in the quotation you provided, Alex..
Keith Thomas
myrmecia at gmail.com
074 2929 4146