[Peakoil] [BULK] ZeroHedge on US population policy

W & C Steensby steensby at netspeed.com.au
Tue Jan 3 21:40:37 UTC 2012

On 2012/01/04, at 00:18, Alex Pollard wrote:

> I don't believe The Powers That Be have any strategy for dealing with Peak Oil and population other than war. The US sanctions on Iran are reminiscent of the oil blockade of Japan (though in reverse), which caused Japan to attack Pearl Harbour, and brought the US in to World War II.

Could be.

Certainly war is a method of population control, but unless it causes mass destruction of heavily-populated areas by means of, say, nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, the numbers of military personnel killed would have only a small effect on the rate of population growth. I read somewhere ages ago that so many French soldiers were killed in WW1 that the average height of the population was diminished by a couple of centimetres. The men were given periods of leave and told to go home and procreate.

Failing mass slaughter by military means, I think the next best strategy is to control the food supply, to decide who gets enough to eat and who doesn't. Stalin used an artificial famine to starve millions of Ukranians to death in the 1930s; something similar could surely be arranged again. GM technology is an important tool here. The ostensible and altruistic purpose of GM crops is to feed the starving millions. The unstated but surely blindingly obvious goal is to gain control of the world's food supply. It baffles me to see governments around the world signing up to merciless treaties with Monsanto in particular, and soon now with Dow, which have the effect of penalising otherwise uninvolved farmers because the wind blows. I can only wonder at what is being said and implied behind closed doors.

Dow? Behold:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/239364-Dow-s-New-GM-Corn-The-Return-of-Agent-Orange
A new battle looms. I can hardly wait.

I observe the busy and enthusiastic development of techniques and weapons of control and surveillance, seemingly mainly intended to keep the surging masses under control. My heart sinks when I read some of their descriptions. Surveillance, spying and control are among the few growth industries left. If the food supply falters or is restricted by design, then these weapons will be needed to deal with the desperate peasants.

Some people charge the 1% with stupidity and incompetence. I disagree; I think theye number many cunning foxes among them. However, I do agree that even the most cunning fox can meet his match. And I do wonder what on earth how the 1% would survive in a grossly depopulated world: their prosperity depends absolutely on the modern capitalist system which needs a large population base to keep it alive. Surely they see the writing on the wall as clearly as any of the 99%, and have nowhere to turn.

I like Zerohedge too. Some of the related web sites  ("Zero Hedge Reads") are well-worth visiting.

Regards,
Walter