[Peakoil] The death of peak oil

W & C Steensby steensby at netspeed.com.au
Wed Feb 29 07:02:29 UTC 2012

On 2012/02/29, at 15:37, Keith Thomas wrote:

> Now, I know this is just one person's set of numbers and assertions against another's. But we ought to know that there is an alternative perspective out there.

In academic research one lives on the Planet of the APEs, Alternative Plausible Explanations, and APEs usually exist to be dealt with as objectively as possible. But when it comes to the future of our civilisation, objectivity seems moot.

Don't forget Wilful Blindness! I reckon I can empathise with economists and politicians being slowly brought to face what amounts to a trashing of much of what they believe in, hope for, live for. It's no small thing.

Let's be as kind as possible while we keep plugging on.

Regards,
Walter