[Peakoil] Light rail a Greens election focus

Keith myrmecia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:43:30 UTC 2012

On 31/08/2012, at 2:37 AM, Jenny Goldie wrote:

> Light rail a Greens election focus
> The ACT Greens have put light rail for Canberra at the heart of their election pitch this morning.
> http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/light-rail-a-greens-election-focus-20120830-25289.html

Isn't this just typical of the Greens? A vague belief that more gadgets - expensive ones - will enable us to continue business as usual. Also ignoring Jevon's paradox.

They are really an ameliorist party, not a group looking to change the way we do things.

Far better if they addressed the more fundamental problem of setting up social and societal arrangements which led to the majority of people neither needing nor wishing to travel so far and so often.

Keith