[Peakoil] Transportation Fuel from Under Our Ground

Jenny Goldie jenny.goldie at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 15 23:33:00 UTC 2011

BlankTransportation Fuel from Under Our Ground
“I was watching the Republican debates and every candidate was talking about energy security,”? Byron said recently during a break from a convention at the Waldorf Astoria in New York. Elton is a tall, very charismatic advocate not only for his company, but also for the idea of energy independence as a reachable, imperative national goal. He went on to note that 25% of our trade deficit is due to imports of oil at $1 Billion a day, and that $4.00+ a gallon at the pump is heavily subsidized by tax dollars through subsidies for oil, military incursions and other externalities. What Carbon Sciences is doing is developing a unique process for turning CO2 (carbon dioxide), combined with methane or natural gas, into a “drop in”? fuel. By drop in he means that it works with existing pumps and doesn’t require its own infrastructure, a drawback of liquid or compressed natural gas as a transportation fuel.
http://www.enn.com/business/article/43256