[Peakoil] Two useful sources of background info

W & C Steensby steensby at netspeed.com.au
Sat Oct 15 15:40:37 UTC 2011

1. The Renewable Energy Disaster
"If we have fancy boutique priced energy, we will have fancy boutique priced food!"
http://renewable.50webs.com/

I don't know who Christopher Calder is. He describes himself as "a nonprofit advocate for world food supply security with no financial interest in any energy related business." What looks like his one-man one-topic web site has an informative and very interesting essay. Good background information. The links all appear to be to reputable sources of data and information.

2. Fleeing Vesuvius
Overcoming the Risks of Economic and Environmental Collapse
http://fleeingvesuvius.org/index.php/contents/

So far I've read only the essay/chapter by David Korowicz, and I highly recommend it. Great background material.