[Peakoil] Some more energy ideas

W & C Steensby steensby at netspeed.com.au
Wed Nov 23 21:33:06 UTC 2011

1. Wind stalks: wind power without the blades
Proposed for Abu Dhabi.
http://news.discovery.com/tech/wind-power-without-the-blades.html

2. Generate green electricity from your balcony
I guess I'm not the only one who finds wind turbines stupendously ugly. These are prettier if nothing else!
http://news.discovery.com/tech/generate-green-electricity-from-your-balcony.html

3. Technology could increase lithium-ion batteries' charge
http://www.theengineer.co.uk/sectors/electronics/news/technology-could-increase-lithium-ion-batteries-charge/1010902.article

4. "Free energy for all": energy entrepreneur Justin Hall-Tipping at THiNK 2011
I'm more than a bit dubious about the free aspect (TANSTAAFL) but the potential of graphene sheets is exciting, especially in fuel cells. I like his attitude that we must look for the unexpected, think outside the box. Et cetera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl_J_EeZp3Q

Regards,
Walter