[Peakoil] Solar power boom threatens prime agricultural land

Keith myrmecia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:06:42 UTC 2011

I endorse fully your support for Julian Cribb's analysis. However, note that some of the "released" land has been over-grazed then run down and overgrown with thistles, the fences have fallen over, litter and old car bodies have accumulated - all to the extent that the diversion of such land for housing is seen as an unmitigated improvement.

An example I am familiar with is the land to the west of Melbourne around Caroline Springs and Melton. The development around these locations is, of course, totally dependent on cheap oil for commuting and food supplies.
Keith Thomas
keith at evfit.com
www.evfit.com