[Peakoil] The coming misery

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Tue Mar 29 21:21:18 UTC 2011

The last line is surprisingly Pollyannah-ish: a return to "vibrant growth".

We Canberrans go into spasms when we hear the word "vibrant" being used to describe the future - we have heard it used so often as a lame substitute for critical thinking (as in "a vibrant city centre") that we barely bother to read any further.

But thanks for posting this dose of misery, Jenny. It's a step along the road to serious consideration of our energy future, and the social/ economic/ environmental/ strategic implications of that future, when energy companies admit there is an issue.
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com