[Peakoil] decline and fall

Keith Thomas keith at evfit.com
Tue Mar 8 21:50:48 UTC 2011

This article ends with a reference to human over-population - apposite because we all know that NO significant societal problem can be eased over the long term by more human beings adding themselves to the mix.

The article includes a list of seven things we can do. But, note that these are not about CHANGING our lifestyle. They are about CONTINUING our present lifestyles while using less oil. What will happen if these seven proposals are implemented? If past history is any indication (introduction of fossil fuels, green revolution for example), humanity and civilization will give itself a breathing space which it will fill with more people. The population bomb will just get bigger.

"Decline and Fall" indeed. And for our globalized human societies it won't be over the millennium-long, almost imperceptible pace of the Roman empire's decline either.
Keith Thomas
www.evfit.com